- About Us
- Find Help
- Contact Us
Orderly Payment of Debts
Credit Counselling Services of Alberta
offers a number of repayment programs to help you get your debts under control. The Orderly Payment of Debts (OPD) program is just one option.
OPD is a consumer repayment program where you repay your debts in full over a period of time. It provides some legal protection. Credit Counselling Services of Alberta is the only agency legislated to provide OPD in Alberta. Similar programs are available from organizations in other provinces
The benefits of OPD are:
- You are protected from certain legal actions.
- Payment schedules are based on your ability to pay.
- The interest rate is reduced to 5%.
- You repay your debts in full at the reduced interest rate.
- CCSA contacts creditors on your behalf.
- You have the help of a counsellor.
- You can attend budgeting and credit workshops free of charge.
- You learn how to rebuild a positive credit rating.
How the process works
A counsellor helps and guides you through the process. You'll start by identifying all your debts and living expenses, then develop a monthly repayment schedule based on your ability to pay. You will make one monthly payment to CCSA who will divide up your payment and distribute it accordingly to all of your creditors.
To find out more, please call CCSA or go to:
For more information or to get assistance contact us by phone at
403 266-6665 (Calgary)
Feel free to email or come in for a free consultation.